The History of Good’s Furniture [INFOGRAPHIC]

The GOOD Times The History of Good’s Furniture

history of goods infographic

Share This Infographic On Your Site

1895

Great Grandpa E.S. Good opens his fledgling little furniture store on a blustery February 14th in what’s known today as Building 9.

1908-1979

Good’s acquires/builds Buildings 1 through 4 and turns them into showrooms, warehouses, and more.

1971

Good’s begins launching TV commercials that air in surrounding markets.

1984

Grand opening of the Wine Cellar Restaurant.

1989

The spacious atrium and glass elevator are added to Building 5.

1990

The signature glass skywalk across Main Street opens.

The Bed & Breakfast Suites open.

1994

Good’s purchases Building 6, introducing a sunny first-floor arcade and third-floor atrium.

1995

Good’s celebrates its 100th Birthday on February 14, 1995.

1996-1997

Good’s moves into and renovates Buildings 7, 8, and 9.

1998

IRMA Illinois Retailer of the Year award.

2000

IRMA Illinois Retailer of the Century award.

2003

Good’s expands to its 3rd city block with the acquisitions of Buildings 10, 11, and 12.

2006

Good Life Sleep Collection launches to offer the very best in sleeping comfort.

2014

Good’s is awarded the Key to the City of Kewanee.